Welcome to my blog!

I believe that if you love doing something, it's impossible to fail. I have always loved taking pictures but never would have guessed that I could have this much fun doing it. Take a look around, get comfortable, and let me know what you think....

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tagging Along


So, this past weekend I got the pleasure of tagging along with Shanda on a senior picture session.  Let me just tell you it was like 89 degrees outside and we were all sweating like beasts.  I love going along with Shanda though.  I mean if you are lucky enough to get to be someone's assistant on a shoot, you really get to learn a lot.  I used a giant piece of white poster board (her reflector) to reflect the sun and reduce the shadows.  I also used that same chunk of poster board to fan the poor girl that was getting photographed! Anyway, I took a few pictures myself and worked on using my manual setting.  My top pic is above.  I was fascinated by this young lady's tattoo.  It's the symbol for "Dream" she told me.  What a great way to ensure you never forget your dreams! And, I couldn't resist sneaking in a picture of Ms. Shanda so you all can put a face with her name.  Now - if she reads my blog, she might kill me.  If she doesn't...well then it serves her right for not reading my blog! Big props to my friend and mentor for being so forthcoming with all of her knowledge and for letting me tag a long all the time!   Until next time....

2 comments: