Welcome to my blog!

I believe that if you love doing something, it's impossible to fail. I have always loved taking pictures but never would have guessed that I could have this much fun doing it. Take a look around, get comfortable, and let me know what you think....

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I had no real plans for the weekend and was trying to figure something out.  I plan on taking some more pictures of Cooper this Thursday and wanted to rent a lens for that. So...I thought to myself "Let's rent a lens for the whole week and really see what I can do."  So, I rented a 100mm macro lens from Rockbrook camera.  I am learning the hard way how to interpret the numbers on lenses.  First of all -100 mm means I have to be able to back up pretty far from my subject in order to get them entirely in the photo.  Not such an easy task in a house or smaller space.  Also - I swear the lens weighs at least 2 or 3 pounds and is pretty big - not ideal for walking around trying to find bugs to photograph.  So, tomorrow I am going back to Rockbrook and begging them to let me switch it out for the 50mm macro for the rest of the week.  Otherwise I will just be able to get a bunch of pictures of little Cooper's hands and feet and not much else.  I did manage to have a bit of fun with this lens in my backyard and out at my grandma's house Saturday.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment