Welcome to my blog!

I believe that if you love doing something, it's impossible to fail. I have always loved taking pictures but never would have guessed that I could have this much fun doing it. Take a look around, get comfortable, and let me know what you think....

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Fun

Hasn't this fall been so fun!?  The weather has been crisp and blustery but not annoyingly so.  We have sun and rain and falling leaves from color turning trees, and wind and calm and everything in between.  It's really been the most perfect fall season I remember for a very long time.  Maybe that's because I've been busy busy taking pictures and researching workshops - at least I'm sure that's part of my obsession with this season. 
Some of you will be happy to hear that I've applied for membership with the Professional Photographers of Iowa as well as the Professional Photographers of Nebraska.  Being a member of those two associations should help expose me to some new learning opportunities.  I'm excited to tell you that I'm going to attend the PP of Iowa Winter Convention in February.  It's 5 days of concentrated learning and sharing about the creative and business sides of photography.  And...it's only 2 hours away in DesMoines.  This has certainly helped catapult me out of that nasty waiting place. What makes it even more exciting is that I think Shanda and Teresa (my new photo bug friend) are going to go too!
Okay, so back to my obsession with this fabulous fall season...perhaps I've been so obsessed because I've had the opportunity to be outside in the brisk weather with some old friends that are entering new exciting phases of their lives....




































This is Emily and Jared -they are expecting their first child (isn't he cute?!) in early December.





































Joyce and Rich are engaged and getting married next summer.  Best wishes to them for a long and happy marriage!




































This .... is Sky.  She moved to Arizona with her family and is starting her new adventure there.  On a visit back to Omaha to see her Grandma, I got to steal her away for a morning of pictures at the park.


Don't you just LOVE fall!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment