Welcome to my blog!

I believe that if you love doing something, it's impossible to fail. I have always loved taking pictures but never would have guessed that I could have this much fun doing it. Take a look around, get comfortable, and let me know what you think....

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today Is Special

I don't know why exactly, but today is special.  I don't know what is special about it really, it just is.  Now I know I might sound crazy, but trust me, it's true.

I was driving to work this morning (late of course) and instead of the usual anxiety I feel commuting downtown amongst all the traffic - I felt very much at ease. The sky had this sort of orangey warmth I can't quite explain.  And instead of turning my radio up as loud as it would go so that I could scream along with all the songs...I turned it off.  And I was happy.

I went about my work day as usual and had forgotten about my amazing drive in to work until....until I left work and got in my car for the drive home.  And sure enough, I had the same experience...the same calm sort of happiness. 

I don't know if it's Fall, the leaves starting to turn, or the perfect temperature of the day...but something is making it special.  The air even smells different, better, but different...and the breeze feels different on my face.  Everything about today feels different and amazing.

So - today may not have produced anything extraordinary for me in terms of actual events.  However, something made me stop and take notice of all the beauty that exists in a given day.  Even when we're drudging ourselves into work in the morning or rushing home to see our families at night. All of that beauty is there all of the time, if we just take a minute to notice.  And today...for whatever reason...I noticed. 

And that made this day magical for me.  :)

Here's to wishing you all a magical tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment